Date and place
Start 30 July 2023 – End 13 August 2023 (you can participate in one or two weeks)
Who is this camp for:
- are 18 years old or will come to the camp with an adult guardian
- want to receive solid equestrian foundations from experienced instructors; understand horses and their needs and learn to interact with them
- require more from horse riding than just walk, trot or canter
- may have been discouraged from horse riding but want to return to it and are looking for a safe and sensitive environment
- want to rest from everyday hustle and bustle in the idyllic atmosphere of Masurian forests and fields
- like to swim in the lake, even after dark
- want to talk about life, find space for reflection and confessions at the evening dinner table
- like bonfires and singing at dusk
and finally, et en fin:
- I speak English et je parle francais – so you can have riding lessons in your native language – alors vous puissiez suivre des cours d’équitation dans votre langue maternelle
The camp is for adult participants. Any deviation from this rule may be made by the camp leader.
Arrival and accommodation on the Łyna base:
- in a brick house, in a multi-person room – conditions similar to those of a youth hostel
- in your own tent brought by yourself
- you can come by camper, there is also the possibility of connecting to 230 V AC power
In all cases, you need to bring a mat and a sleeping bag or bedding
Arrival and accommodation on Sunday from 5pm. We start the camp with dinner. Horse riding starts on Monday.
full board based on wonderful local products, we eat meals together, often in the shade of an old spreading maple tree, often by candlelight, talking about horses, life and other human matters.
- breakfasts and dinners are prepared by the participants themselves from products purchased by functional people; here you can show off your culinary skills or acquire them!
- lunches are prepared by local cooks
Guaranteed one horse ride per day (approx. 1.5 hours), on a riding arena or in the field. Campers will be divided into small groups according to their level of advancement. Beginning riders are provided with instruction on safety rules, interaction with horses in the stable, horse care, saddling, bridling, theory of riding instruction, and during practical classes lungeing, riding on the arena or a walk in the field. Advanced riders will participate in training rides and field trips.
We have prepared a rich program, constructed modularly so that each participant can choose which elements they would like to participate in:
Detailed camp program
- horse riding with individual feedback and tips / at every level of advancement
- grooming and basic veterinary care elements
- mini-competitions or tournament with costumes
- visiting Nidzica and its surroundings in good company
- swimming in nearby lakes and bathing horses
- kayaking down the Łyna and Marózka rivers
- joint bonfires, singing cavalry songs and not only and long conversations on warm Masurian nights in a wonderful atmosphere
- the possibility of playing friendly volleyball matches
- bike trips through the forest and to the lake – we recommend taking your own bikes to the camp!
- walks in the forest
2 horse riding instructors are available for campers:
- Andrzej Nietubyć – camp leader, contact: +48 501 162 361 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wojciech Kulisiewicz
What to bring to camp?
- pants and shoes for horse riding (comfortable pants, non-slip shoes with flat heels – shoes above ankle recommended)
- riding helmet/cap
- riding gloves
- notebook and pen
- flashlight – headlamp recommended as it helps a lot with veterinary procedures or singing by the bonfire
- swimsuit and flip-flops
- tent (optional)
- sleeping bag
Participation conditions and registration
signing up via the contact form available at the bottom of the page
advance payment via the payment link received to the account of SJ Szarża no later than 7 days after booking
payment of the remaining part within the period received in the booking confirmation
participants take part in stable and kitchen watches
each participant is obliged to carry out one kitchen and stable watch during the week of the camp.
Before signing up for the camp, be sure to read the Regulations and the camp price list. (prices are also visible when filling out the booking form)
Booking a place at the camp is done by filling in the registration form (buttons below) and making an advance payment for each registered participant no later than 7 days after making the reservation
The second installment, i.e. the remaining payment for all registered participants, should be paid no later than 21 days before the start of the camp.
Lack of timely payment may result in cancellation of the reservation. Previously paid advance payment is not refunded.
Membership discounts are provided for members of the Association – here is the general price list.
The registration form allows you to sign up for one or two weeks of the camp – select the appropriate button below.
If you have already read the price list and the rules of registration and payment, use the button below to register. The forms are in Polish so if you have any trouble with is please, contact the camp leader (contact above) an you will get help.
Registration for the two weeks of the camp from 30th July to 13 August 2023: